12 – 15 July 2018
The Event will stretch across a period of 4 days running 24 hours on end. Competitions will be held during the day so that visitors can also have the opportunity to spectate. If you want to be part of the LAN you will need to bring your own PC with screen, keyboard, mouse, headset, power cables and Ticket.
Same as last year but only on the grass at the back of the church, not across the street anymore. The yard across the street is off limits. Please do not park in front of the hall. Park only at the blue marked area.
There will be a 24 hour catering service, providing warm food to the gamers & suppliers attending the event, visitors during the day and gamers at night when needed. Secure vehicle parking & security will also be provided 24/7. You will be allowed to bring in your own snacks, but please be considerate and do not litter. Keep the venue clean.
Where to buy tickets ?
Entrance Fee for the Event
R300 per gamer. (pre book, cash, eft)
R50 Girlfriend / Relative pass. No Computer or cellphone charger allowed.
Entrance fee for the event will go to LANX Gaming & Expo event, this will be the gaming ticket (which gamers use in order to participate in the gaming challenges and competitions – gamers who have their computers on premises). Gamers will not be allowed into the event with their computers if they have not paid for a LANX ticket. Suppliers who do the Expo will be exempt from the payment and will get a LANX Pass.
Accommodation close to the venue
Click here to download a list of accommodations.
File Sharing Server and Software
DC++ is a file sharing software you need to install in order to connect to the server and share files with friends at the LAN. We will use this to share any software you need to use for the LAN.
Or try the ApexDC that works exactly the same.
Get it here.
We are not responsible for the content being shared. We discouraged copyright infringement. Do not share copyrighted content.
Power and safety
LANX will have 3 x 3 phase power sources in which to supply enough electricity output for all the suppliers, sponsors and gamers attending the event. Gamers will bring their own multi-plug, supporting only enough sockets for their computer case and monitors. As LANX rules and regulations, we do not allow gamers to have heaters, fans, or any other electrical appliances plugged in at the event. Reason for this is for the simple fact that gamers will be competing in competitions and if the power fails or any of the servers shut down insecurely the risk of data loss, hardware failure or monitored scoreboards will be fatal. LANX will also inspect the computers and attending gamers for possible power failure hazards.
Term’s & Conditions
- LANX Equipment
- Each person may only use one chair at every computer space. You are not allowed to pile two or more chairs on top of each other to create a higher chair, please bring a pillow instead.
- You are in no way permitted to build your own table, or extend pre-existing ones.
- You may not alter or remove LANX cables or equipment.
- Energy Consumption
- You are absolutely not allowed to bring any form of toaster, microwave, coffee boiler, refrigerator, searchlight or any other high watt consuming or heat producing appliances. LANX crew has the right to confiscate those belongings without a warning. All geysers must stay off.
- You are not allowed to use homemade electrical equipment. Please use electricity cables and extensions of good quality. Poor quality electrical cables or extensions can harm your computer equipment, and also creates ground leaks that will cause the trip-switch to shutdown and result in your equipment being without power until corrected.
- You are not allowed to bring any form of PA equipment or large speakers. To reduce the sound level and power consumption we ask you to use headphones or ordinary 2.0 desktop speakers.
- You are not permitted to connect your own WLAN access point or WLAN router to the LANX network.
- If your computer is causing problems in the network such as: virus, attacks, etc. your computer will be disconnected until the problem is resolved. If the person refuses to disconnect his/her computer from the network we have the right to evict this person from the premises.
- Each participant shall take proper precaution to protect themselves from the network against spreading of viruses, spyware etc. Everyone is advised to have an updated antivirus program and firewall installed.
- Your PC should be virus free before attending the LAN. Should you be unsure we will provide you with trial versions of popular Anti-Virus Software to assist you.
- The network provisioned by LANX to run its event is provided for the sole reason of connecting the attendees PCs to each other to facilitate gaming. LANX takes no responsibility for the content that flows over the network.
- All data that is within the attendee’s possession is their sole responsibility.
- The internet connection and equipment is upgraded so the internet connection will be stable.
- If found that a person is abusing the internet connection, that person’s connection will be blocked.
- Intoxication, Violence & Pornography
- Alcohol and drugs in any form do not belong and are not allowed to be taken onto LANX premises. Intoxicated people will not be let onto the premises. Any person found intoxicated and/or on drugs will be shown off the premises.
- Smoking is strictly forbidden indoors and is only allowed at the dedicated smkoing area.
- No weapons of any type will be allowed. Any person found with a dangerous weapon(s) will be removed from the premises. If a person refuses the authorities will be notified.
- No public demonstration of pornography or any other unsuitable materials or content of any sort is allowed. (Including Hentai.)
- You are responsible for keeping your seat and the surrounding area free from litter.
- You are not permitted to bring an armchair or couch of any sort. These are too large but a simple office chair is allowed.
- You are not permitted to sleep underneath the tables or in the aisles. Please use the sleeping area.
- You are not allowed to store belongings in the aisle behind your seat since these aisles must be kept free for others to walk by. Your belongings should thus be able to fit underneath your table area. Sleeping gear is to be kept in the sleeping areas.
- LANX has no minimum age requirement, but participants under the age of 18 should have their parents’ permission to attend LANX. Guardian(s) should be aware of LANX rules and accept the rules. Kids should be under the supervision of their guardians.
- You are not permitted to sell anything without the permission of LANX staff. This does not include occasional sale of second hand or personal belongings.
- Posting posters or any other spreading of commercial material, propaganda or anything similar is strictly forbidden without special clearance from LANX crew.
- The hosts and organizers will not be held responsible for any loss of any kind resulting from the attendance of the LANX event.
- LANX retains the legal right to place network cameras for publishing on the Internet and also publish photo’s taken inside and outside LANX on the Internet without asking further permission from participants that may be visible in the picture.
LANX retains the legal right to edit, publish, modify, sell and distribute photography, video and audio recordings taken inside and outside the venue on various content delivery channels such as but not limited to Youtube, Vimeo and other sites as a physical copy such as but not limited to DVD, HDCAM SR and Blu-Ray without asking further permission from persons that may be visible in the picture.
- The prizes allocated to the competitions may and can change with out prior notice.
- Prizes may not be exchanged for money.
- Prizes are final at the event.
- Prizes not collected within 2 months will be forfeited.
- LANX or any other third party will not be liable for any damage or faults caused by the user’s improper use.
- LANX will not follow up on prizes not claimed.
- Cracked or patched games will not be allowed in the tournaments.
- No cheating in games will be allowed
- Come with your games installed and updated to spare yourself and your team effort.
- Games that you need to purchase will not be provided for free. Make sure you bought and own the game you want to play.
- Check your game client software and make sure its working.
Right of admission to any LANX event is reserved at all times.
These rules are subject to change at any time without prior notification to guests.
By attending an LANX event you automatically agree to these terms and conditions.
- PC Box
- Mouse Pad
- Power / Kettle Cord
- Recovery Discs & OS Discs
- USB Cellphone Charger
- Tickets or Ticket numbers
- Money (for weekend and petrol)
- Sleeping bag or stretcher
- Games up to date on steam.
- DC files hashed.
- Warm clothes and blanket.
- Cosplay gear (if you are cosplaying)
- And most importantly a good spirit to come and have fun and enjoy the LAN.